Overview of the OAuth process
- You take an action that requires access to a cloud data source. For example, you open a workbook that’s published to Tableau Online .
- Tableau directs you to the cloud data provider’s sign-in page. The information that is sent to the data provider identifies Tableau as the requesting site.
- When you sign in to the data, the provider prompts you to confirm your authorization for Tableau Online to access the data.
- Upon your confirmation, the data provider sends an access token back to Tableau Online .
- Tableau Online presents your workbook and data to you.