Add the Knowledge Base Search control to Main forms
- Make sure that you have the System Administrator or System Customizer security role or equivalent permissions.
- Go to Settings > Customizations .
- Choose Customize the System .
- In the solution explorer, choose the entity you want to add the search control to, and under Communication & Collaboration , make sure the Knowledge Management check box is selected. Select Save icon to save the setting for the entity.
- Expand the entity you’re adding the search control to, and select Forms .
- Choose the entity form of type Main .
- Select the area where you want to place the search control, and on the Insert tab, select Knowledge Base Search . If the option to add Knowledge Base Search is disabled, it could be because knowledge management isn’t set up or isn’t enabled for the entity you’re adding the search control to.
- In the Set Properties dialog box, on the Display tab, specify fields as given in the table below:
- Select Set to apply the settings.