Configure Push Notifications for a Salesforce Console in Salesforce Classic
- From Setup, enter Apps in the Quick Find box, then select Apps.
- Select a console app, and click Edit.
- In Choose How Lists Refresh, select when push notifications appear.Note If you don’t see this option, enable Streaming API in yourorg.OptionDescriptionNoneLists don’t refresh and push notifications don’t appear.Refresh ListThe entire list refreshes when there are any changes to it. Records are added or removed from the list based on the list’s criteria, but new records added to queues only refresh the record owner’s list.Refresh List RowsRows in the list refresh when there are any changes to fields selected for push notifications.
- In Choose How Detail Pages Refresh, select when push notifications appear.OptionDescriptionDo Not RefreshDetail pages don’t refresh and push notifications don’t appear.Automatically RefreshThe detail page automatically refreshes when a record is changed.FlagA message appears on the detail page when a record is changed.
- Click Select objects and fields for notifications, and selectEdit. The push notification settings you choose here apply to all your console apps.
- Select the objects that you want to trigger push notifications. For example, if you want any changes to cases or case fields to trigger push notifications, move Cases from Available Items to Selected Items.
- Under Fields, click Edit and choose the fields you want to trigger push notifications.
- Click OK, then select Save.
- Grant push notification users at least the “Read” permission on the Push Topics standard object. See User Permissions and Access.