Clone a Certification template
- Open the template record to be copied.
- Make any necessary changes.
- Change the template name or description to distinguish it from the original.
- Click Clone . ServiceNowincrements the record number above the highest template number and sets the version of the new record to 1 . A message appears under the header bar naming the source record for the clone. Figure 1. Desired State Template Clone Both templates are Active and appear in the record list. The record list allows you to see the entire history of the template. Figure 2. Desired State Template Insert
Test a flow
- If necessary, navigate to Flow Designer > Designer , then double click the row for the flow you want to test.
- Click Test . The system displays the Test flow dialog. The contents of the Test flow dialog depend on the type of trigger: Data or Schedule. If the trigger is a Data trigger, the dialog asks for a record to use for the test.
- If the trigger is a Data trigger, select a record to use for the test. When you test a flow, the system does not execute the trigger. In other words, for a trigger that fires when a record is added to a particular data, the test does not create a new record. It behaves as if a record was created. By selecting a record on the Test flow dialog, you are asking the system to act as if that record was just created.
Format an image as a static HTML block
- Navigate to Content Management > Design > Images .
- Click New .
- Select a Category to help organize the images.
- Type the file name of the image, including the extension (such as .png).
- Upload the file by selecting Click to add and browsing for the image.
- Click OK .
- Click Update .
- Navigate to Content Management > Blocks > Static HTML and click New .
- Paste the following code into the HTML block, substituting the image name as uploaded in the previous step.The "x" at the end of the filename is required for image caching. Now the image is a static HTML block and you can add it to any content page. Use standard HTML code to alter the image in the content block.
Create a frame UI macro
- Navigate to Content Management > Design > Frames and select one of the existing frame UI macros.
- Change the name to match the FRAMENAME you used in the style sheet.
- Right-click the header bar and select Insert and Stay .
Update the frame name in the XML field as shown:
- Click Submit .
Follow other Live Feed users
- Navigate to a thread that the user you want to follow is engaged in.
- Click that user's name or point to the user's picture. A Follow link appears in the user's profile. Figure 1. Profile with Follow link
- Click Follow .
- To stop following the user, navigate to People > Following . Figure 2. Unfollow
- Click Unfollow .
- To view people who are following you, navigate to People > Followers .
Install the Managed Documents plugin
- Navigate to System Definition > Plugins .
- Right-click the plugin name on the list and select Activate/Upgrade .If the plugin depends on other plugins, these plugins and their activationstatus are listed.
- [Optional] Select the Load demo data check box.Some plugins include demo data—sample records that are designed to illustrateplugin features for common use cases. Loading demo data is a good policywhen first activating the plugin on a development or test instance. You canload demo data after the plugin is activated by repeating this process andselecting the check box.
- Click Activate .
Delete an audit result
- Navigate to one of these modules: Compliance > Desired State > Audit Results Compliance > Architecture Compliance > Audit Results Compliance > Scripted Audits > Audit Results The list groups by audit name.
- Select the checkbox for a result in the list, and then select Delete from the Actions on selectedrows menu at the bottom of the list.Note: If the result record has a follow-on task, the Delete option is not available. If you selectmultiple records, some with and some without tasks, the system only deletesthose records that do not have tasks. Figure 1. Audit Result Delete List
- Click a date/time link to see the results for a specific CI.Note: The Delete button only appears on the form if theaudit result does not have a follow-on task.
- Click Delete .Figure 2. Audit Result Delete Available
Activate solution version
- Navigate to Agent Intelligence > Solutions . The system shows a list of trained solutions.
- Select the solution version you want to activate. The system shows the solution record.
- Click Active . The system activates this solution version and deactivates any other solution version.
Create an output variable
- Click the + icon in the Outputscolumn to create a local or output variable.Local variables are only available within an activity and are not visible inthe data structures displayed in the Custom tab.Output variables are available for reuse in other activities, eitherindividually or as an entire data structure. When you create a new variableof either type, the designer provides a default name of Local1 or Output1 .
- Type your new variable name in the field and select a data type.Variable names must be unique within an array or an object. You can assign adata type of Encrypted to output variables thatcontain sensitive data. Data protected by encryption is passed to otheractivities or processes encrypted and is never displayed in plain text.
- To change the name of a variable or any of its attributes, double-click the value, type a new value in the editing field, and then press Enter .The icon to the left of the name reflects the data type of the variable.
- To reorder the variable list, select a row and then drag the row to its new location.When you select a row to move it, the pointer icon changes to an up/downarrow icon ( ).
- Drag and drop the row into another location.
- To reuse a variable from another activity, drag it from the Custom tab in the palette and drop it onto the Local or Output heading at the top of the variable list. To copy an entire data structure, drag the parent object or array into the variable list header. The designer duplicates the copied data structure in the outputs variable builder. Figure 1. Reuse of data structures
- To delete a variable, click the delete icon ( ) in the row.
Edit a notification device in UI15 and earlier
- Navigate to Self-Service > My Profile .
- Click Notification Preferences .
- Click the name of the existing device.The device form opens allowing you to make certain modifications, dependingon your user role. See Set up a notification device in UI15 and earlier for adescription of all fields.