What are the types of exceptions
- Database constraint violation due to the creation of the record that already exists or information duplication in the unique index.
- Creating or updating data in some entity with the incorrect data type.
- Trying to violate a Delete Rule relationship set as Protect.
When to install a new build
- The configurations for a mobile platform were changed
- The Extensibility Configurations property was changed, for eg., modification, addition or removal of mobile plugins, changes to status bar opacity, custom icons or splash screens, etc
- an external resource of the plugin was updated
- Name of Application was changed
- Name of the entry module changed or there were changes in Entry Module itself
- icon of the application was replaced
- main theme color of the application was modified
Add an Extension Reference to Your Module
- Launch Service Studio followed by opening your module;
- Connect to the Platform Server where the extension was published. Simply use the Select server operation in the File menu or Toolbar;
- Launch the Add/Remove References window that are available in the File menu or in the Toolbar and then select the extension that you want to use;
- Select the actions, structures, or entities from the window and press the OK button.
Deploy the application to the Quality environment
- Open LifeTime for your Infrastructure. Tip: Open LifeTime directly from Service Center by clicking on Manage all environments.
- Select the Applications tab and select the DEPLOY... button between the Development environment and the Quality environment.
- Select Add Applications and, in the Choose one or more Applications dialog, select your application and click on Add to Deployment Plan.
- Select the VALIDATE NOW button between the Development environment and the Quality environment.
- Select the CONTINUE button between the Development environment and the Quality environment.
- Verify the deployment plan, select Deploy Now and then in the Deploy applications as planned, dialog select Deploy Now in order to start the deployment.
- After the deployment stops, click the configuration or confirmation link in the warning banner to open Service Center and map the database name of the extension to the database connection.
- Associate the logical database name of the extension to the Database Connection that you created previously.
Example in a Mobile App
- Open the Profile screen and drag an Image widget from the toolbox to the top of the form with the details of an end-user.
- Set the Type of property to Binary Data.
- Set the Image Content property to GetProfile.Profile.Profile.Photo, which is the Photo attribute of the GetProfile aggregate that fetches the end-user profiles.
- Set the Default Image property to a generic avatar image which the application will display as default if the end-user does not have a profile photo.
- Publish and then test.
Debugging Context Area
- Missing element: the element is no longer present in the module but it still exists in the published version of the module. The missing element will still be debugged, but it will not have visual feedback on the canvas;
- Modified element: the element is different from the one that was published. The element that is going to be debugged is the published one and not the modified one.
- The authentication mode needs to be set to "Mixed Mode", if you are using SQL Server authentication.
- all front-ends and controller must use the same domain as the database server, when using Windows Authentication.
- The collation of the SQL Server instance must be case-insensitive (CI_*).
- The collation of the database catalog must be Case Insensitive and it should also be Accent Insensitive.
Development Environment 10.0.613.0
- Service Studio now allows the importing of the resources by dragging and dropping multiple files with any kind of extension (.js, .txt, .json, .swf, ...) to the Resources folder. (RAFT-771)
Development Environment 10.0.405.0
- New option in the Module menu to 'Generate Mobile App'.
- Application icons can now have transparency.
- Improved performance of the Upload step in 1-Click Publish (Service Studio).
Add and Remove Parameters
- By setting the property Function to No, if you're adding another output parameter to a function action.
- By setting the property Function to No, if you're deleting a single output parameter of a function action.