How to add a course
- To add a course, Go to portal's administration link and then click Courses -> Manage courses and categories
- Select the category you would like your new course to be in.
- Then click on "New course".
- Enter the necessary course information & settings, then click "Save and return" to go back to your course. Alternately, click on "Save and display" to go to the next screen.
- If you have chosen "Save and display" in the earlier step, on this screen you may choose students & / or teachers to assign to this course.
Using an existing course as a template
- Create your CSV file with the following fields. shortname, fullname, category, summary, enrolment_1, enrolment_1_role, enrolment_1_enrolperiod, role_student
- Navigate to Courses -> Upload from the Site administration link & add the file you created in step 1.
- Preview the files and scroll down to 'Course process'. In the textbox 'Restore from this course after upload', enter the "shortname" of your template course.
- Upload your CSV file.
- Note - If you wish to assign same settings to multiple courses, you can specify these in the Default course values.
How to create multiple courses
- Navigate to Administration -> Site Administration -> Courses -> Upload courses .
- Create a CSV file with the following columns in it. shortname, fullname, category, summary, enrolment_1, enrolment_1_role, enrolment_1_enrolperiod, role_student
- Drag & drop the CSV file created in step 2. Alternately, use a button to select the File. Then, select the import options and click Preview. If the settings are acceptable, click Upload.
How to delete a course
- To Delete a single course, go to portal's administration link then click on Courses -> Manage courses and categories
- Click on the category of the course you wish to delete, and then click the course on the screen on the right
- Click on the Delete link.
- If you wish to delete multiple courses, create a new (temporary) category. You may name it "Temporary Category for deletion".
- Select and move the courses you wish to delete to the category which we created in the earlier step ("Temporary Category for deletion").
- Delete the category ("Temporary Category for deletion") by choosing "Delete ALL - cannot be undone". Note - This step cannot be reversed!