4 | View your Prototype
- Use Scale modes to ensure that your Prototype fits nicely on your screen.
- Engage Full screen mode for a clean and minimal interface.
- Use Observation Mode when you are presenting as a team.
- How to Share Prototypes via Desktop and Mobile.
- How to post and manage Comments on Prototypes.
Slack and Figma
- Notifications are set at a Figma Project level. You can send notifications to Public or Private Slack channels, or to the Slackbot Slack Channel in order create your own personal notification stream.
- You can only set one channel per Project, but you can have notifications from multiple Projects feed into a single channel.
- The Notification will include the Team Member's name as well as the File's name.
How do I see who has access to a File?
- Move Files from your Drafts.
- Move Files between the Teams or Projects.
- Move Files between Figma accounts.
- Move Projects between the Teams.
- Move Files from your Recent folder.
Sign In via Figma(SP initiated SSO)
- Create Users- Creating a user in Okta will automatically create a user in Figma, that is assigned to your Organization. Any users created via this process will have their Okta email validated automatically.
- Update Users- This allows any changes made to the user in Okta, (e.g. updating their name or the email address) to be applied to the corresponding user account in Figma.
- Deactivate Users- If a user is unassigned in Okta, this will automatically deactivate their account in Figma. Deactivating a user will automatically logout the user and remove them from the organization, including any related files, projects or teams. Any drafts related to that user's account will also be made accessible to the Organization's admin (under the Shared Folders section). Tip: If the user would like to use the same email address for a personal account, they will be required to reset their password before they can create a new account with that address. They will no longer have the access to any of the Organization's Files, including any Drafts on their company account.
- Reactivate Users- When a user is re-assigned in Okta, this will automatically add them back to the Organization's account in Figma. They'll be prompted to log back in (using SSO, if required). Any previous file, project, or team roles must be restored manually.
Toggling Layout Grids
- Click on the Zoom percentage in the top-right corner of your screen. This will open the View Settings menu.
- If there is no check next to the Layout Grids option, clicking on this will display them.
- If there is a check already showing, clicking on the Layout Grids will hide them:
- Or, you can use the Keyboard Shortcuts to toggle Layout Grids Off and On: MacOS: [Control] + [G] Windows: [Ctrl] + [Shift] + .
- MacOS: [Control] + [G].
- Windows: [Ctrl] + [Shift] + .
Working with Grids and Constraints
- Hard Grid: This involves placing objects on a fixed grid with 8-point increments. In Figma, this would involve applying a Uniform Grid to the Frame with a Size of 8.
- Soft Grid: This involves placing objects at distances from each other that are divisible by 8. This would involve applying a Row and/or Column Layout Grid with properties divisible by 8.
Can I make someone an Admin without including them in my billing?
- Anyone with the link.
Anyone at the
with the link.
Anyone at the
- Only people invited to the File.
3 | Disconnect your Figma account
- Click on the Principle menu in the Apple menu bar.
- Select Disconnect from Figma options:
- To reconnect or connect to a different account, you can then start the Import process again.
Configure the Okta Application
- In Okta, go to the Sign On tab for the Figma app.
- Click on Edit and scroll down to the Advanced Sign-On Settings section.
- Enter your Tenant ID in the corresponding field.
- In the Application username format field, choose Email from the options:
- Click on Save to complete the process.
How to use Tidy Up?
- Choose any objects you'd like to include in the Smart Selection.
- There are a couple of ways to perform a Tidy Up: Hover over the selection and a Tidy Up icon will appear. Click the Tidy Up button: Use the keyboard shortcuts: MacOS: [⌃] + [⌥] + [T] Windows: [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [T] Click the Tidy Up icon in the Properties Panel (on the far right of the alignment section).
- Hover over the selection and a Tidy Up icon will appear then click the Tidy Up button.
- Use the following keyboard shortcuts: MacOS: [⌃] + [⌥] + [T] Windows: [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [T]
- Click the Tidy Up icon in the Properties Panel (on the far right of the alignment section).
- The objects will be rearranged on the canvas so that they are on equal distance from each other, on either the x or y-axis.